SDG 8.9 – By 2030, devise and implement policies to promote sustainable tourism that creates jobs and promotes local culture and products.
We encourage sustainable tourism practices to enhance economic, social, cultural, and ecological outcomes for local communities.
- Collaborate with Destination Greater Victoria (‘Tourism Victoria’), the Region’s Destination Marketing Organization, to host Innovate Canada 2023 – Oceans and foster long term economic resiliency and prosperity with the client opportunities brought forward by the event
- Prioritize venues and restaurants implementing sustainable practices
- Host clients at a reputable hotel in a safe neighbourhood (The Fairmont Empress)
- Highlight vendors implementing sustainable initiatives through pre-event email communications, daily newsletters throughout the event, and a post-event impact report
- Encourage clients to choose souvenirs made by local artisans and vendors