As Innovate Canada 2023 - Advanced Manufacturing is Destination Canada's first carbon-neutral event, we will be updating this page with exciting new sustainability initiatives of this program.
making innovate Canada 2023 carbon-neutral
Now in its fourth year, Destination Canada's Innovate Canada program has a proven track record of highlighting the cutting-edge work taking place across Canada’s leading economic sectors and the value that comes from connecting with an event’s purpose directly to the strengths of the host destination.
This year, for the first time, Innovate Canada will be a carbon neutral event. Held in Waterloo, Ontario, we will meet the brilliant minds and experience some of the transformative work being done across Canada's advanced manufacturing sector including automotive, aerospace, food processing, cutting-edge robotics, and automation innovation.
We look forward to having you join us for this milestone Destination Canada event.
Sustainability in Action at Innovate Canada 2023
Building a Sustainable Business Event Ecosystem in Canada
For Innovate Canada events, we’ll be using innovative software to track our footprint, set benchmarks for subsequent events, and report finite details of the program’s success.
Please click on the images below to find out more about our other sustainable initiatives for this first carbon-neutral Innovate Canada!
Aligned with the mission and vision of the plan, Canadian cities from coast-to-coast-to-coast have joined the Global Destination Sustainability Index (GDS-Index) — the world's leading sustainability performance program for business tourism destinations around the world — at the close of 2022.
The GDS-Index cements Destination Canada's position as a global leader in business event sustainability and positions Canadian destinations as changemakers accelerating progress toward the industry's 2050 net zero targets.
Resources on Business Event Sustainability
- Building a Sustainability Roadmap to Affect Powerful Change
- How to Design a Successful Sustainable Event
- Delivering Sustainable Incentives that Motivate Teams
- Infusing Business Meetings With Indigenous Culture
- Creating an Inspiring and Impactful Event in Canada
- Destination Canada Launches First-Ever Canadian Business Event Sustainability Plan
- Canadian Cities Join the Global Destination Sustainability Index through Destination Canada
- The UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- The Global Destination Sustainability Movement