As Innovate Canada 2023 - Advanced Manufacturing is Destination Canada's first carbon-neutral event, we will be updating this page with exciting new sustainability initiatives of this program.
making innovate Canada 2023 carbon-neutral
Now in its fourth year, Destination Canada's Innovate Canada program has a proven track record of highlighting the cutting-edge work taking place across Canada’s leading economic sectors and the value that comes from connecting an event’s purpose directly to the strengths of the host destination.
This year, for the first time, Innovate Canada will be a carbon neutral event. Held in Waterloo, Ontario, we will meet the brilliant minds and experience some of the transformative work being done across Canada's advanced manufacturing sector including automotive, aerospace, food processing, cutting-edge robotics, and automation innovation.
We look forward to having you join us for this milestone Destination Canada event.
Sustainability in Action at Innovate Canada 2023
Here are just a few of the steps we are taking to make Innovate Canada 2023 a carbon neutral event:
- Offset carbon emissions for all client and staff flights
- Walk to venues with a 20-minute or less commute, and provide group transportation for longer distances. In addition, the EV company providing airport transportation will plant a tree for each EV transfer provided to and from the airport
- Our off-site venues are either in carbon neutral restaurants or in LEED certified buildings
- Our food choices are based on local and seasonal menus prioritizing vegetable options
- Prioritize reusable materials while minimizing the use of single-use plastics
- Use innovative software to track our carbon footprint and set benchmarks for subsequent Destination Canada events
Each of our sustainability initiatives is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Please click on the SDGs below to find out more about the associated initiatives at this first carbon-neutral Innovate Canada!
Building a Sustainable Business Event Ecosystem in Canada
Aligned with the mission and vision of the plan, Canadian cities from coast-to-coast-to-coast have joined the Global Destination Sustainability Index (GDS-Index) — the world's leading sustainability performance program for business tourism destinations around the world — at the close of 2022.
The GDS-Index cements Destination Canada's position as a global leader in business event sustainability and positions Canadian destinations as changemakers accelerating progress toward the industry's 2050 net zero targets.
Resources on Business Event Sustainability
- Building a Sustainability Roadmap to Affect Powerful Change
- How to Design a Successful Sustainable Event
- Delivering Sustainable Incentives that Motivate Teams
- Infusing Business Meetings With Indigenous Culture
- Creating an Inspiring and Impactful Event in Canada
- Destination Canada Launches First-Ever Canadian Business Event Sustainability Plan
- Canadian Cities Join the Global Destination Sustainability Index through Destination Canada
- The UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- The Global Destination Sustainability Movement